Safari and IE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CANEHDN, Feb 14, 2006.

1. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Does anyone know of a browser or plug-in for Safari or FireFox that renders web pages as if it were Internet Explorer with out having Internet Explorer running. There are some web sites that I can't get anything to work unless I have Internet Explorer.

2. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I'll have to try that Safari Enhancer. Seems like it would work. Have you tried it? Does it work?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nah, I haven't tried it but it claims to turn on the Debug Menu which should subsequently give you the option to make Safari mimic other browsers (including Explorer). :)

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I just keep a copy of Opera around for those occasions (well, and for testing site designs). It's free now.

5. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

I've not found a site yet i couldn't get to work. All you need is Safari, Opera, Firefox, IE Mac and IE6 with VPC (managed to get rid of Netscape at least). I love web "standards" :p

6. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Safari Enhancer doesn't work the way I want it. It actually makes the web page all messed up. I guess I'll have to wait for the industry to make their web sites compatible with good browsers instead of just popular ones.