Safari Bar Above Tabs

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by davidnyjets, Jul 7, 2012.

1. davidnyjets, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Quick question, just wondering... is there a way to disable the bookmark bar? from coming up when I move my cursor to the top of my screen. By the way, it only happens in Full Screen -- so it may be a part of Lion?

I attached a screenshot to show you what I mean. It's the area in between my tabs and the address bar.

By the way, I did a search for a forum on this topic and couldn't find much, but if this can be addressed somewhere please feel free to move this thread!

Thanks!

David

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 603

Carlanga

You can go: View>Hide Bookmarks Bar
    If that doesn't work then go: View>Customize Toolbar and pull the book icon from the bar and poof it out or move it up.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

It was already set has hidden in the View menu. But I want to disable it from appearing when I move my cursor towards the tabs/address bar. I also tried the Customize Toolbar option but it won't let me drag the entire toolbar, only buttons and stuff.

4. macrumors regular

Another slightly (ir)relevant question. Is there any way to click on the address bar on Safari and the entire address is selected, much like pressing Command+L?

5. macrumors 6502a

MacManiac76

Just click on the favicon at the beginning of the address in the address bar and it will select the entire address.

6. macrumors regular

The new Safari 6.0 has addressed this issue and makes it more Chrome-like. :)