Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Metzgermeister

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2007
Since the 10.11.2 update Safari became impossible to work with. With simple sites the tab blocks and the beachballs are coming pretty quickly, but won't leave. A reload of the page won't help, it will refresh but ends up with the same beachballs again. I can click away the tab, so not the entire Safari programme gets stuck.

The interesting part is that only the tab of the site has beachballs and not whole safari, I can still cmd+t to continue or select another tab (if that ones doesn't get stuck either)

Anybody had the same problem? can it be fixed by myself or just need to use Firefox or Chrome and wait for an update?

To be clear: internet connection is the last problem, Firefox and Chrome working great. Also hardware shouldn't be a problem, MBP2015 (i5-2,9Ghz 16Gb).

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
try a test admin user account, see if safari has the same problem there (this will tell you if the problem's with the app, or your user account...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.