Safari Bookmark Bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Peter Griffin, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Peter Griffin macrumors regular

Does anyone know how I can get the Safari bookmark bar to appear on the left like a list instead of across the top. There are only so many links you can fit up there and I like to see all my bookmarks while browsing. Thanks

2. Peter Griffin thread starter macrumors regular

BUMP

I guess I should clarify my post above. I'm trying to get my bookmarks menu to look like the one in Firefox (which can be accessed by ctr + b). FF is too buggy which is why I've switched back to Safari.

3. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Click the bookmark logo in the top left, under the back/forward buttons to get a full display. Is that what you want? :confused:

4. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

I'm pretty sure he wants the bookmarks to appear on the same side or window being currently viewed... basically the poster is wondering if it is possible to have a window or pallete on the side and view bookmarks like one can in internet explorer or firefox...

5. carpe diem macrumors 6502

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You can fit everything up at the top, whether through categorical lists, or nested categories like I do with Apple related links, no problem. ;)

Attached Files:

• ss1.jpg
      ss1.jpg
      File size:
      104.6 KB
      Views:
    • ss2.jpg
      ss2.jpg
      File size:
      98.8 KB
      Views:
  7. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I don't use too many bookmarks for software. I just google it. ;)

I find myself rarely going to bookmarks if I can help it.

8. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

Wouldn't that having the bookmark window on the left side cramp your viewing browser? Of course, unless you have a 20" cinema display.

Wouldn't it be more convenience to flip back/forth the 'bookmark button'?

9. Peter Griffin thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion, Abstract.

That's what I've decided to do for now. I was hoping that I would be able to have the list on the side so I can acheive more real estate vertically. It's not all that fun working on a 12 inch monitor. ;)