Safari Bookmarks Erased !!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nisha40, Nov 7, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2010
    Hello, i've been googling answered to solve this problem for hours, even called Microsoft & Apple for help but nothing. i just restarted my computer. everything was normal. all bookmarks are there, i actually just added another bookmark. so then when the computer comes back on, i open safari & the bookmarks look empty. the only bookmarks are the ones that come with safari (Apple, Yahoo!, Google Maps, YouTube, Wikipedia, News, & Popular). nothing else !! all history is there from this whole week but NO BOOKMARKS !! so i googled how to restore safari bookmarks. they tell me to look for the 'bookmarks.plist' file in safari folder. i followed plenty of instructions like "File"> "Import Bookmarks" & tried to search for the file in (Users/yourUserName/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist) in safari but i cannot find that safari library folder folder. i tried (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Safari\) but i cant even find the "appdata" folder. so then apple tells me that you can only search for the bookmarks.plist folder on a mac computer... =/ so that means i wasted the whole evening looking for those folders.

now since apple & microsoft basically tell me im on my own... im becoming really desperate. i have hundreds of very important bookmarks saved that have a bunch of job listings & apartments that i really really need.

if anyone can help PLEASE reply
    im going to be searching every folder on this damn computer tonight

Thanks in Advance
  2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2010
    hmm ok so somebody told me how to show hidden files (thank you so much!) & now i can "C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Safari" & find the bookmarks.plist file. so i went to safari 'file'> 'import bookmarks' & the file turned out to be the current bookmark file.... WITH NOTHING IN IT!! i thought i was pretty weird that the file would be 3kb but i was just so desperate =/ so i guess the question is now, where did my previous (& very big :[) bookmark file go missing ?!?!? :grumble: