Safari Bookmarks Sorting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CTSxViper, Aug 16, 2006.

1. CTSxViper macrumors regular

Hello:

Is there any easy way to sort the bookmarks in Safari. I honestly like this browser the best but hate that I can't seem to figure it out. I read elsewhere that you have to use a utility but could not find what the program was or where to find it.
    Thanks for any help..
    Gene

2. CyberPrey macrumors regular

I'm a total newb to OS X (Last Mac OS I used was 0.97!!!)

but, I just open the bookmarks and drag/drop them into the order I want them.

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

You want the bookmarks up top to be moved around, just drag them to the top of the bookmarks list if you have lots of bookmarks it's very easy.

Attached Files:

4. CTSxViper thread starter macrumors regular

Okay thanks. I was looking for a sort option but this works..
    Thank you!!!

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Look for Book Dog on Versiontracker. This will do exactly what you want, and keep everything in order all the time. I use it and I love it! Lots of features, too. Can eliminate duplicate bookmarks, etc. No, I have no affiliation with Book Dog, just a happy user.

6. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I second that. Very useful app. It can sort automatically if you change/add a bookmark, when you log in or when you close safari. Also has a nifty bookmark verification tool to eliminate dead addresses.

I'm very pleased with it but basic alphabetical sorting should be built into safari. :rolleyes: