safari bookmarks

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by ckwongie, Jun 13, 2004.

1. ckwongie macrumors newbie

How do i import bookmarks into safari? I've got a lot of saved bookmarks from my windows laptop and i want to transfer them to my mac. But I can't seem to find the folder where safari saves its bookmarks. Could someone please tell me where it is? thanks a lot :)

P.S. sorry for posting a lot lately, as you can probably tell i am a very newbie to mac :)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are looking for the wrong thing. The Safari bookmarks file is {your account}>Library>Safari>Bookmarks.plist. That, however, does you precious little good because each IE bookmark is a separate file. If you were using Mozilla, Netscape, or Firefox, it would be a simple matter of copying the file to your Mac and then importing to Safari using Safari Enhancer or another such utility. However, Apple offers Move2Mac, a third-party solution by Detto Technologies, to make life very easy for switchers. It is available here. You are also free to search VersionTracker and MacUpdate for freeware and shareware solutions.