Safari Browser does not load images on any page!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, May 27, 2003.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

In Safari the browser ran fine until today for no reaosn the images on any weboage at all do not load. The data is all there but no images. I press refresh and nothing happens. I clear the Cache and nothing happens. I ShutDown and Startup nothing happens! I have to use Internet Explorer I have sent the infor via the Bugs button in Safari. Anyone else have thsi problem? I fear to re-install because I don't want to lose my bookmarks. Help please...

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Do you have the most current version? If you do load v74 and replace the current one in your Applications folder it won't remove the bookmarks.

D

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I did what you said an still NOTHING! I reset all the Safari prefs, I downloaded it and replaced it in my apps folder and still nothing. I have screen shots this time. I have no idea why this happens. My internet connection is a Wireless encryipted 802.11b signal. The problem appeared out of no where! I changed nothing and this just happened suddenly. I hope I don't have to clean install I have no hard drive space anywhere to backup. :( Please help....anyone...Maybe I'll visit the Apple Store or call them...

By the way here are the screenshots 1: Safari alone 2: Safari compared to I.E.
    [​IMG]
    any help would be great!
    [​IMG]
    :confused:

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I assume you checked Preferences -> Appearance -> Display Images

?

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

What's odd is that you're not even getting the ALT tags, which would show up if the images are being disabled. :confused:

Have you tried resetting it yet? (Safari>Reset Safari...)

6. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I know I reset the Safari Application from under then menu. I'll check to see if show images is checked whne I get home, my iBook is sleeping at home so I won't be able to remotley connect to it. Thanks for the help I will check it when I get home.

7. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

For some reason it was unchecked. I know I didn't do it...

8. cosmicsoftceo macrumors newbie

This is *way* off topic, and I hope you solve your problem, but...

Did you know that you can send a "magic packet" to your iBook to wake it up from sleep? From any computer, as long as your iBook is accessible from that computer?

All you need to do is check "Wake for administrive access" in the Energy Saver control panel, and then check out this MacOSXHints hint.

Pretty cool! And no, you don't need Python... search for "remote wake sleep program" and you'll find an application for every platform...

9. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well my iBook was home and I was at school. I was remotley accessing my PowerMac G3 Minitower via VNC from school. My iBook was asleep with the lid closed, it uses wireless internet in order to connect to the other computers so I don't think that the program will work.

It wasn't off topic because I was trying to say that I would have checked my Safari Prefrences but my iBook was not avaliable to use.

If the program works with computers that use wireless internet access while they are asleep then I will use it. If it doesn't then I have no use for it.

10. coolfactor macrumors 68030

He wasn't saying your comments were off-topic, but rather his comments. :)

11. cosmicsoftceo macrumors newbie

No Airport support...

Yes, you're right, the Airport card is powered off when you put a laptop to sleep.

12. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

well now I feel like a complete idiot....:rolleyes: