safari cache

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sonofslim, May 5, 2004.

1. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

i find safari to be a little zealous with the caching. i know in IE you could set it to reload a page every time you visited, which was nice for us web-dev types. is there a similar option in safari?

2. chv400 macrumors 6502

i'm not sure if Safari has an adjustable cache if it even has one since i'm on dial up still i swtiched to firefox because it has an adjustable cache size which can save time on a slow connection.

3. sonofslim thread starter macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

i've got the opposite problem. i don't want to cache stuff and save time; i want to cache as little as possible so that i know i'm looking at the most recent edit of a page.

4. molcas&e'sdad macrumors member

5. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i know what you mean by safari's caching. it's fairly persistent at times...

in other browsers, shift-reload checks for the most recent, but i am not sure if it works for safari or not. i do it out of habit, but i can't tell...

6. chv400 macrumors 6502

When i get high speed internet i will no longer need the cache since with high speed it will load the page in less than a second but on dial up it can take up to a minute or more so the cach is usefull on pages i frequently visit like macrumors

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

thanx for the link. incidently if you having trouble with the link take of the ] at the end ;)