Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fud122

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I prefer using Safari in general for web browsing but when I go to certain sites such as http://www.nba.com to view highlight videos etc...they won't work...the pop up window for the video appears and it seems to be loading but i just get a black screen instead. When I open them under firefox the videos work without any problems (using flip4mac). I tried running safari under rosetta but that did not help. Am I missing a plugin or something. Can this issue be resolved or do I always have to open up another browser? Thanks.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
i know what you mean, i love watching MLB.com highlights and it's always a little funkier on the mac (I use exclusively safari).

I'm not on my mac right now, so i can't give you a definitive answer, but try playing aroudn with your flip4mac settings. if i remember correctly, it works best for me when i have it launch Quicktime and view it in that separate window (also nice because of adjustable size).

let us know what works, this common issue is surprisingly too difficult to solve for mac users. it frustrates me!

fud122

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I tried messing around with the settings like you suggested but it doesn't work still...not even Quicktime will open separately when i click on the videos (under safari it doesn't work but when I tried it under firefox quicktime opened up and I was able to view the video). It's strange...I guess safari is not reading the website properly as it can't even detect that a video wants to launch from that site. Thanks for your reply though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.