Safari confirmation dialogue in Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dbooster, May 28, 2005.

1. dbooster macrumors member

dbooster

I notice that in Tiger, Safari now has a little confirmation box that pops up when you download certain file types. "Are you sure you want to download this". At first I thought this a good idea, but after awhile it has become quite annoying to have to click on it each time I want something. Is there an option somewhere to disable this?

Thanks!

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

What files?
    Have you checked your preferences?

3. dbooster thread starter macrumors member

dbooster

Any application files give me the warning, as do dmg files.

The only option in the preferences I can see related to it is the "open safe files" option. I want it to open safe files tho, but I don't want the warning.

4. RAS admin macrumors regular

RAS admin

5. SteveC macrumors 6502

Same here. I think everyone with Tiger gets the message (unless they've somehow disabled it). Anyone know of a way to get rid of it? Personally, it annoys me because it makes me feel like I'm running Windows. I'm responsible enough to not download a bad widget. I don't need a warning everytime I download a program. ;) Anyone know of a patch/hack yet?

6. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

yeah that confirmation dialogue can get annoying however it is what it is.. the fact that an .exe file cannot cause harm to the os is obvious.. i think its there as a security measure more than anything else.. which is a good thing. for apple anyway.. i mean that way if a customer complaints.. apple could be all, "well look we warned you about that file."

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think it's a good idea to start getting used to it. We're safe for now, but only a fool would think we're safe forever. One of those "ounce of prevention" things. I think I might spend, perhaps, 1-2 seconds more a day, on average, than I did before being asked. While I realize that adds up to maybe ten minutes a year - well over an hour per decade - I think it's not too bad.

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Taboo gets rid of it. But, as said over, it's not a good (i.e. safe) idea to do it.