Safari cookies...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by danerh, Nov 20, 2006.

1. danerh macrumors member

I have gone from being able to access a secure website of another business, using firefox, safari, and IE using 'cross over'... to suddenly not being able to access it. Using my same login, i am able to access the site using other mac's and Pcs in the office. It is only my own computer which does not allow me access. The IT team at this other company have instructed me to delete all cookies and offline internet files, and to delete all history, reboot and try again. Still it is not working, and so instead of using my nice new little macbook pro, i am using this PC... Please help if you can! is there somewhere else that apples keep these files? are there any other possibilities?? '
    Regards,
    Dane.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Did you use the Reset Safari function to do that? If not, I'd give that a shot to make sure you nab everything.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

To empty the cache: go to menu Safari>Empty Cache...

You can manage cookies here:

menu Safari>Preferences>Security
    click on "Show Cookies"
    You can remove them individually, or remove all of them.

Hope this helps.

4. danerh thread starter macrumors member

Problem solved!

Wild cowboy you're a legend. thanks so much. i knew it must be something simple and that seemed to be it. Well it got me most of the way anyway. No one here at work offers mac support and its had me stumped for over a week, and the reason i got a notebook was so i could still do the odd bit of work from home now that my desktop has died. You've saved me some late afternoons at the office rather than at home with a beer.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Glad you got it sorted...now, just don't spill that beer into your MacBook Pro!