"safari could not open the page because the server..."

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swanage, Aug 2, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

...stopped responding"

Anyone else get this or similar messages 90% of the time?

I want my 2G phone back.

2. macrumors 6502a

I am having this problem with safari, but on my imac, not an iPhone...

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I get this on occasion. Its annoying, but fortunately, it doesn't happen very often to me.

4. macrumors member

Happening to me ALL THE TIME.

Really annoying.

5. macrumors member

I started getting that last Monday night (I'm on EDGE--no 3G around here). It's been pretty intermittent since then, though. Sometimes Safari works well, at other times, it pretty much stops completely, regardless of the number of bars I have showing.

This afternoon, Safari worked perfectly, and very fast. This morning--in a different part of the city--I got one web page to load, then nothing came up and I kept getting that message.

I'm about to call AT&T to see if it's a local network thing or an iPhone thing.

6. macrumors 601

PNutts

Which sites and how are you connecting (Edge, 3G, wifi)?

7. macrumors member

I get the message while using Edge. When it happens, it doesn't matter what page I try to access--they don't load.

8. macrumors member

I get it on Edge and 3G. Every day, on any page.

9. macrumors 601

PNutts

Ah. Thanks for the additional information. Sorry I didn't read your post more closely. Is it possible to try with wifi to isolate the issue? If it occasionally works then it is either AT&T's network or a "loose connection" in your phone. I assume AT&T owns the towers in your town? I've had poor experiences where the tower is owned by another carrier.

10. macrumors 65816

Me too, I turned my 3G iPhone in for service last week, they said I most likely will get a brand new though :)

11. macrumors regular

I was getting the same thing all the time, had to reset the phone like atleast 10 times a day. I was ready to throw my phone out the window, wicked annoying!!!!!!:mad:

Now in 2.0.1 I have not gotten it yet, we shall see though.

12. macrumors member

Wifi seems to work fine. I only get this message and have this problem over Edge.

13. macrumors member

ever since the latest update has this begun to happen to me. also ever since the update i no longer have service in downtown chicago. this is not acceptable. i very rarely have 1 bar but for the most part there is no service downtown.

14. macrumors regular

This is why I decided NOT to get a data plan...even in the stores the phones won't find the servers, so what's the point!?! It's still a nifty iPod/phone anyway:eek: