Safari crashing at ESPN.com, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Heb1228, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I am just wondering if this is something anyone else is experiencing. Specifically when I go to the College Football Scoreboard, at this address:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard

It crashes Safari every time. Firefox will load it ok. Both browsers tend to crash at ESPN.com fairly frequently, but that page is the only problem I can reproduce consistently. Is it a JavaScript problem or what? Any ideas?

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

4. achie25 macrumors 6502

Works fine for me.

5. nateko macrumors newbie

Its the info....

My guess is that like me, safari gets fed up with all the Yankee and Redsox propoganda and just throws up its arms and crashes. :D

Sorry, no idea why it crashes, mine is ok but I don't visit ESPN that much.

Nate

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

No crashes here on that American sport webpage.

7. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Maybe your computer is convulsing at the fact that it is being used for such a terrible task.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

This particular page didn't generate a crash, but ESPN.com does cause Safari to quit on a fairly regular basis for me on such things as GameCast.

9. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

I visit espn.com fairly often (including the college football scoreboard :) ) and I've never had a crash. Never had a problem with gamecast either that I can remember.

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It was crashing for me last year on occasion because I had to start looking at scores on cnnsi.com but it's fine at the moment. It may only be fine now though since there's no games on so it's not refreshing. I'll try tomorrow afternoon and let you know how it goes

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yea i use firefox and mine too crashes at espn.com pretty often. However, it has only been within the last month or so and not before. I have no idea why this occurs

12. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Has ESPN's gamecast been updated to Flash Player 8. I updated to 8 then a couple of days later tried to view a match and was told I need to be using Macromedia Flash Player 5(?I think). The link supplied then took me to the download page of Macromedia Flash Player 8, so posted them a bug...

Actually I might as well go and check now, nope, still requiring Flash 5 - I'm sure I would have been runing (safari just beachballed me) Flash 7 before I updated to 8 and it had no problem.

13. emw macrumors G4

emw

Well, it's crashing me this morning... Not sure if it's flash or what, but it takes it a little while before it takes a dump. Guess I won't leave it up.

14. West Sunset macrumors newbie

Safari / ESPN

Have had same problem, and reported it several times to Apple.
    Appears to happen when advertising with audio is played.

15. PeterVan macrumors newbie

ESPN problems

I've tried four browsers with ESPN: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla and IE. All consistently crash.

16. Bonked macrumors member

Me too

ESPN.com crashes for me all the time. It's really frustrating. The discussion boards at Apple.com have a few mentions of this, but nothing overwhelming. Any ideas why some of us are having problems and others are not?