Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
just get a coffee and walk away, deny all knowledge :p

Count your lucky stars for now I had the same until mine flipped :p
Yea my iPad mini 3 and iPhone 6S are working fine but my air 2 and macbook Air are showing the bug. I expect it's only a matter of time before they develop the issues too.

Reactions: Blujelly

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
Safari crashing, links from twitter not opening and youtube links or google search from the adress bar not loading happens the last 2-3 months daily. I cant believe that Apple has not issued a fix yet unless i am the only one experiencing all these stuff. I tried clean install and nothing changed... and i dont even mention various wifi issues that occur mostly from wake up....

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Safari crashing, links from twitter not opening and with youtube links or google search from the adress bar not loading happens the last 2-3 months daily....i cant believe that Apple has not issued a fix yet unless i am the only one experiencing all these stuff daily.... and nothing changed with clean install.... do even mention wifi issues from wake up....
I think this is a new issue, if you have had it this long you may want to contact apple/search these forums

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
Hmm, not affecting any of my devices either, and I have a bunch of them (iMac, ipad mini 2, ipad Air 2, iPhone 6s). Going to be fun at work though unless it's fixed soon- i guess I could just disable safari search suggestions remotely on every mac until it's fixed.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
It just works...

Really tired of people throwing this comment out when something Apple goes awry. You obviously have never used Windows, either standalone or in a network environment for any length of time. If you have, you would understand Apples phrase "it just works" more clearly and know that it's correct 99% of the time. Windows on the other hand, good luck.

Reactions: iTom17

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
I am not seeing this issue on any of the Apple devices we have - that is 3 iPhones' 3 iPad's, 4 Mac's - all updated to the latest OS and all using BING as search engine.

GermaniDIOT

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015
Funnily enough it all worked fine for me until I read this article. Now it is happening to me as well. :-/

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
No, it is happening to my husband's iPad and we are in the UK. Also happened on my Mac but I got it going again by deleting my history.

My wife's iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S are both crashing here in the UK.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I have google as the search provider Safari on all of my devices. Can't replicate the issue on several Macs or iOS devices. Strange, I wonder what the cause of it is and how it's only affecting some devices.

Same here. Have not experienced any issues.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Really tired of people throwing this comment out when something Apple goes awry. You obviously have never used Windows, either standalone or in a network environment for any length of time. If you have, you would understand Apples phrase "it just works" more clearly and know that it's correct 99% of the time. Windows on the other hand, good luck.
Windows just doesn't work most of the time you're right.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Really tired of people throwing out this comment when something Apple goes awry. Apple kit malfunctions... "buh, buh, but what about Windows?" Windows has nothing to do with this. When Apple kit doesn't "just work" people complain. Same with Windows. I mean seriously, what does it help to think about Windows when it's my Apple that's broken?:confused:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Really tired of people throwing out this comment when something Apple goes awry. Apple kit malfunctions... "buh, buh, but what about Windows?" Windows has nothing to do with this. When Apple kit doesn't "just work" people complain. Same with Windows. I mean seriously, what does it help to think about Windows when it's my Apple that's broken?:confused:

And last night, my toaster oven didn't just work! Damn you Windows!

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Safari seems much snappier...

with this "Safari Suggestions" option turned off!

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Safari isn't a good browser. It's fast, but apart from that any other one kicks its ass - extensions, privacy settings, customization. Firefox is the undisputed leader in all those categories.

I only use it on my iOS devices because it's faster than any browser out there, FF for iOS is subpar and Chrome has a horrible UI. This bug should have never passed QA and it's mind-boggling to think Apple have not discovered this in many years (Safari suggestions are not new).

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Apple should remake the whole Safari app (at least on the iPhone), the browsing experience suck with the stacked webpages animation. I find browsing using Chrome, FireFox, and even iCab much better

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Apple should remake the whole Safari app (at least on the iPhone), the browsing experience suck with the stacked webpages animation. I find browsing using Chrome, FireFox, and even iCab much better

Unfortunately, none even come close to rendering web pages as fast as Safari, on my devices at least. A content blocker makes a huge difference.

On OS X, this isn't as noticeable (for the most part), but Safari is still the fastest browser. It's a shame that's all it is - fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.