Safari Crashing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Felldownthewell, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

So something similar to my problem was posted here, but his problem seemed to be linked to a pluggin and the 10.4.7 update, which does not apply to me, as I got 10.4.7 when it was released and have had no problems until today, and I have no pluggins installed.

My problem is pretty basic; starting today whenever I open Safari it crashes within the first 5 seconds. I can re-open it and it runs fine for a little while, then I will try to open a new window it will crash again (as I found out as I finished writing a very long post on the superpower thread which never got posed :mad: ). I'm on a mbp 2.0/7200/1gb runing 10.4.7, and it is my first mac, so I have no idea how to go about fixing this. I know that repair permissions is the standard response, but I have no idea how to do something even as basic as that :eek: . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Spelling

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Delete the following folders/files...

~/Library/Safari
    ~/Libary/Caches/Metadata/Safari
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

You will lose all of your preferences and what not, but at this point it seems like the only option... :eek:

3. Felldownthewell thread starter macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

This is funny because I think you were one of the people I was responding to over at the superpowers thread.

Anyway, I deleted the files (I don't have a library/preferances file so I didn't delete it) and it only half-worked. I emptied the trash, quit Safari, and relaunched. It crashed. However, apple+n does not crash it anymore, so we're halfway there. Anything else?