Safari Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SolidSnake, Nov 8, 2006.

1. SolidSnake macrumors regular

I'm having an issue with problem. It is increasingly becoming more annoying. Often when i am browsing sites Safari seems to crash. some examples of sites are Myspace and Youtube. it seems like it might be a flash issue. Because it seems like the page gets about half way through loading and then all my safari pages open crashes and i have to reopen safari. Myspace and Youtube aren't the only sites but it seems to happen the most on those sites. Is anybody else having these issues and is there anything to fix this?

2. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Try repairing permissions in Disk Utility.

I use Camino, which I have found to be rock solid for stability. If you can get as far as downloading that or Firefox 2.0, try those and see if it continues to happen.

3. powerboy macrumors regular

I am having the same problem - especially with cnn.com. It crashes Safari about 40% of the time. Very irritating. I have repaired permissions and deleted the preferences file with no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I had the same problem and I thought it was my ram. it wasn't i just used the disk utility. works good now.

5. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

6. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

7. powerboy macrumors regular

8. Anna macrumors regular

first thing to try is "Reset Safari" under the safari menu and reset cache.
    if that doesnt work, go to the picture with the house on it (your stuff) /library/preferences/caches (delete the safari prefs) then scroll down to preferences (still in your user library) and remove the preference that says com.apple.safari.plist

this should fix it... otherwise use firefox/camino etc.

the problem you are experiening is very common and a known bug in 10.4.8

hope this helps

9. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

Repairing permissions in Disk Utility is working out pretty well. I only had a crash while trying to run an DivX codec while in safari but that's understandable, because it probably is incompatible with Safari. I'll let everyone know if i run into anymore problems.