Safari Crashing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theman5725, Nov 13, 2006.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Sometimes when I go on MySpace Safari just crashes and closes for no reason. This never used to happen but now it's happening more often. Is this a problem with the site or my Mac?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Any time a browser crashes on loading or displaying a page, it is a browser problem, period.

3. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Go to Google video, begin to watch a clip. Then click the Back button, or any other video icon, while the clip is still playing. Crashes my safari (10.3.9) 100% of the time.

4. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried that and Safari didn't crash or anything. I'm on a Macbook with 10.4.8 by the way.

5. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

Mhmmm. This always happens when I go to pages that have transparent tables. Laggggggs the hell out of Safari or just completely locks it up, having me do a force quit.

I know this is due to poor coding, but still. Safari shouldn't be that picky and should spit something out as opposed to a spinning beach ball.

6. Doug Donut macrumors newbie

I have the same prob

Crashes after I hit my mouse or scroll wheel. Half the time it says on though. os x 10.4.4 pentium. It does'nt happen with any other browsers on my system... URGH!

7. kfordham281 macrumors 6502