Safari Display Picture in Different Color?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by EricChunky, Oct 28, 2006.

1. EricChunky macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2006
    Hi , here's my webpage

opened it in firefox (pc/mac) / ie (on a pc), both fine

but in safari it looks odd. The background of the image is much darker than the background of the webpage.

I did set the image background value to 262626 and specify EXACTLY the same value in dreamweaver.

Any ideas? or should i just ignore the mac users :p
  2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    very weird... they background of the page looks the same, and when i download the pics from each browser, they are the same, but the safari one does look darker.

I don't know much about dreamweaver, but would converting them into .gifs with transparency solve the problem?
  3. nightelf macrumors 6502

Mar 25, 2003
    I used the Digital Color Meter in Mac OS X and the logo in both the site and downloaded have a #1G1G1G color.

Is better to use GIF for images with less but solid colors. JPG could modify the colors due to the compression.
  4. EricChunky thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2006
    Great Suggestions.... thanks!

emm.. dumb question time:

In photoshop, can I just delete the background layer, and then combine all the rest layers, and sav as GIF to get a transparent image?

Sorry i ma computer science student ;)
  5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    You have a color profile (sRGB) attached to the JPEG image. WebKit browsers will pay attention to that, others will ignore it. That is the problem.

Before you save the image in ImageReady, make sure to turn off the Preserve ICC Profile checkbox.

Here's a Safari screenshot of a simple page with a #262626 background. The first image is the original, the second is the image after opening with ImageReady, turning off the profile and metadata, and saving out as a JPEG again.

Attached Files:

6. EricChunky thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2006
    This is a PRO answer... ! thanks a lot !!!!