Safari Double-take

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheMasin9, Apr 3, 2005.

1. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

has anyone else had trouble with safari, firefox, and camino doing a double take when trying to load websites? i click on a link, safari tells me i cant load it, then i click it again and everything loads up fine, is there a setting that needs to be changed or a plugin that eliminates this. or is anyone experiencing similar problems. Maybe itll get eliminated with 10.4 woot.

Thanks

2. shortyman macrumors member

shortyman

Yep, I get this as well, although not all the time. I thought that perhaps it was my wireless connection but I would be interested to know what it actually is. It can't just be a bug in the browser, can it?

3. rccola70 macrumors regular

I had this problem before. What fixed it was going into System Preferences > Network > (Whatever adapter you use for internet) > TCP/IP > and manually typing in a DNS server.

hope it helps..

4. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

Oh. my gosh. I am also having that exact problem. It just started today. I thought it was my wireless connection until I saw this thread. Browsing is getting more difficult bewtween this and the pop-up ads.

5. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Another thing that could help is to turn off IPv6. In network, click on TCP/IP and then the Configure IPv6 button on the bottom, and change it from Automatically to Off.