Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Has anyone ever noticed that no matter what OS your on, if youre using Safari and browsing eBay it takes for friggin ever to load a page? I've passed Subway sandwiches in the time it takes to load an eBay page using Safari!

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
reykjavik said:
Has anyone ever noticed that no matter what OS your on, if youre using Safari and browsing eBay it takes for friggin ever to load a page? I've passed Subway sandwiches in the time it takes to load an eBay page using Safari!

It used to happen all the time on Safari pre-Tiger. But since Tiger and Safari 2.0, browsing ebay is like browsing any other site. :)

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
chibianh said:
It used to happen all the time on Safari pre-Tiger. But since Tiger and Safari 2.0, browsing ebay is like browsing any other site. :)

Thats what I had hoped..but I find it to still be slow. Maybe its my ISP...

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
On Panther, when I type the text for an ebay listing, it shows what I have typed like 4 words behind as I type. (I'm not a huge mega super fast typer either). I don't know if it's ebay or the iBook in my sig has a junk processor.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
ITASOR said:
On Panther, when I type the text for an ebay listing, it shows what I have typed like 4 words behind as I type. (I'm not a huge mega super fast typer either). I don't know if it's ebay or the iBook in my sig has a junk processor.

I think what youre referring to is an auto-fill feature of safari.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Try signing this petition:

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=node/view/14886

Yeah, I know, petitions do nothing. But eBay won't know people are having issues unless you report it. If they start supporting FF and Safari, it'll make things better for all of us. Having them recommend IE when they are such a big site with so many users on other platforms is a slap in the face.

I love eBay, but I can't stand IE, and I have a lot of issues in Safari and FF on it.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The biggest problem I've got on eBay is getting Safari to remember my login and password. The cookie seems to expire within hours. A pain in the neck. Who do I blame, Apple or eBay?

Yeah, and it's as slow as molasses in January too.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
IJ Reilly said:
The biggest problem I've got on eBay is getting Safari to remember my login and password. The cookie seems to expire within hours. A pain in the neck. Who do I blame, Apple or eBay?
eBay. Does it in FF too, Mac & PC. At least for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.