Safari- Facebook isnt working.

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Samarium, Mar 20, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Hello everyone, is it me or Facebook.com doesnt works? I click everything, my profile the search button and no action. I dont have any other browser so i cant check. Can someone please check it out, or see if its for everyone. Thanks.

P.s. I have Safari V. 3.1.

2. macrumors member

Working fine here (Safari 3.1)

3. macrumors 68000

kuebby

Works here as well. I am still having the problem though where I become logged out of Facebook when I was logged in and can't log back in until I restart Safari.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I can enter my profile and everybody's else, but cant use the search on the left on home now.

Edit
    Everything is messed up again, to see someones profile I have to open it in a new tab. Still the search, doesnt work.

5. macrumors 6502

A little off topic but..... STAY AWAY FROM FACEBOOK, ITS THE DEVIL! LOL my gf caught me drunk with 2 girls.... I was so wasted I didnt even remember what happened that night lol

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Hahaha...

7. macrumors 6502a

works fine for me. try redownloading safari. yeah, facebook is the devil. doing homework one minute, checking up on a friend from high school the next. then 2 hours later, you realize you still have homework to do..

8. macrumors newbie

violetmaria07

i am having this same exact problem. it's getting so annoying :/ i already tried reinstalling and it didn't fix the problem. any suggestions?

9. macrumors newbie

facebook safari solutions

To those who had facebook safari problems how are you doing now?
    Did you solve the prob? Cause I have it too,its like a disease:eek:
    using iMac 2002 Snowball

10. macrumors newbie

did u get it sorted?

Did u get it sorted And what processes worked for you ,thanks

11. macrumors member

Facebook works fine in Safari 4.1.1 although I prefer Firefox for browsing - better control over cookies and FF has some really critical add-ons that Safari doesn't have (like to stop scripts, ads and such). Tiger 10.4.11 on Verizon FIOS. Remember that you have to have cookies enabled for Facebook to work.

Solution - use a real browser like Firefox and liberate yourself from Safari.

12. macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone, I bought this 13" Mac last year and did not buy the extended warranty. Now all of the sudden I got the error message on my startup screen saying "Kernel Panic". I took it to istore, they said there is some serious trouble with either its logic board, RAM or Hard-disk. When diagnosed as they said one of RAM has gone corrupted they removed one slot of 2 GB RAM and upgraded it to Mountain lion OS 10.8.2. But problem did not stop here.

I am unable to access Facebook, it shows the message - Safari cannot connect to server.Safari can't open the page "https://www.facebook.com/" because safari cannot connect to server "www.facebook.com". The weird thing is that I get the Facebook Notification .

My speakers all of the sudden stopped working. But following suggestions worked.
    Step 1. Plug headphones in (don’t worry, you won’t use them)
    Step 2. Change System Preferences -> Sound -> Change Internal Speakers to an Input!
    Step 3. Done!

Some one please help me. The istore people have stopped taking my calls now :(

13. macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem and I have tried clearing the cache with no luck. It doesn't load on Opera either, and I downloaded Firefox and Google Chrome but was told my software wouldn't run those programs. I am on an original macbook and am running OS X 10.5.8 but am told there are no software updates available. What can I do to get Facebook back?!

14. macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my 13" Mac. It started working less and less an I remember the kernel panic message. Took it to the apple tech at my college. thought it was the ram or hard drive crash, but it turned out to simply be the hard drive cable was bad. works fine now.