Safari Fast Very Fast

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by waynepixel, Apr 11, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Hi

Just updated to 10.2.5 and my safari web browser has turn into a rocket. It so fast and I now for sure it was not this good before.

Great work Apple nice update.

2. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What version of Safari are you using? I don't notice any difference on my machin with Safari .6 and OSX.2.5....

D

3. macrumors member

i also thought safari got unusually speedy after the 10.2.5 update. thought it was the update placebo effect again, but it seems not... ;)

4. macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

safari 1 beta 2 (v71) is extremely fast...much of an improvement over the last public build

5. macrumors 603

shadowfax

someone who doesn't have .2.5 (i don't yet, but my mac is dead till i get a new power supply) restart and run macjanitor or whatever, then try safari v71, and then upgrade to .2.5 and compare. there may be something else in your 10.2.4 that is making it slower or something.

6. macrumors member

yeah, i definitely notice a speed increase in safari, along with other applications. also, my computer is not slowing down like it used to. it is a great update.

7. macrumors 65816

jholzner

I wish Apple would release a new publuc beta of Safari. I'm still using v.60 but I want tabs and autofill!!!! I know I can get some of the newer builds online at certain places but I'd rather wait until an official release.