Safari/Firefox and stu.dicio.us

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mal, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Has anyone else tried using the site stu.dicio.us in Safari or Firefox with any success? It gives me a Ruby on Rails error, which makes me wonder if there's something I need to install to improve my Rails support on the Mac. For reference, one of my classmates uses it (he introduced me to it) on Vista in Firefox (I think) with no problems, so I know it's not a site error, at least entirely.

jW

2. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Works for me on 10.4.8 with Safari and Firefox. I do not have any extra stuff on Safari. Firefox has a couple of extensions, but none related to rails or ajax.
    What is the error message you are getting?

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Did you try signing up/logging in? I forgot, sorry, that the main page works fine, the registration process works but is glitchy, but when I try to log in, it doesn't work. The page that loads has large text that simply says "Application Error: Rails", and nothing else. No formatting, nothing.

jW

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

That error message is definitely a server side problem. Maybe they are just having problems today.

5. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

The problem is, that error message has been consistently coming up for several weeks, while it's worked fine for the friend I was talking about. If it's server-side, then it's a reaction to my browser, not an actual problem with their server.

jW

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

That could be, but it's their problem (a bug in their software) to fix They will need to look in their logs and see why they are crashing. There isn't much to be done on your end.

7. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

I do have an account there. It seems to be working correctly for me. I have no classes this week because of Thanksgiving, so I created a Calculus course, scheduled it to start at 7:00 am :eek: invited a friend, and created a To Do (bring abacus). It is all good.

If your error is showing up in both Safari and Firefox try creating a new Account, log out of your real Account, log into the new Account and see if the problem shows up again.

Let us know what happens!

8. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Hmm, I'll try that. I'm really hoping it's not on their end, that would be annoying since I think it could take a while for them to bother trying to fix it.

jW

9. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

BTW, still doesn't work in Safari, but works in Firefox with the new account. Thanks!

jW