Safari/Firefox downloading difficulties

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asphalt-proof, Nov 26, 2006.

1. asphalt-proof macrumors 6502a

Whenever I try to download any file from a website (Version tracker etc.) Safari hangs for a couple of seconds then crashes giving me the "unexpectantly closed' dialogue. When I try to download the same file from FF it just goes to a new window and sits there. No activity at all. This has happened on Version Tracker and Macsoftgames (attempting to downloading an update). I have reset Safari, restarted the computer, repaired permissions, searched for answers on this foru, google, sacrificed chickens and even worshipped at a shrine made by Bob Villa. Nothing has worked.
    By the way, I have a G4 iMac running Tiger. Any similar behaviors noted by anyone?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Does it happen when you download something from any site?

3. iMacFan78 macrumors regular

iMacFan78

VersionTracker always does this to me on Camino, and I don't have any idea why. I just use MacUpdate instead, and everything seems to work.

4. asphalt-proof thread starter macrumors 6502a

I really don't download too much and these are the only two sites that I have tried for the past couple of months. I can play flash games, watch vid clips, etc. I just don't seem to be able to download files.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Try other sites then.

6. asphalt-proof thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok I tried to download a widget from the Apple website. I hear that this particular website is pretty reliable when it comes to Safari compatibility.:D
    Anyway, no dice... it still crashed faster than a Russian billionaire in a Ferrari Enzo.
    Does anyone have ANY idea why my computer feels it is necessary to keep me from downloading content from the internet. By the way, Bittorrent still works great. Just sayin.:confused: