Safari Freeze

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gizmo, Oct 26, 2003.

1. gizmo macrumors newbie

May 3, 2003
    Has anyone had experience with Safari 1.0 freezing up on occasion? I'm running OS X.2.8 on a 12" G4 pbook and, particularly after visiting a "java-intensive" site, the browser starts to slow down dramatically, starts dragging other system resources and just about freezes up. With some time, I am able to finally kill Safari and release its stranglehold.

I've tried resetting Safari but I'm curious if this is something others have come across.

I much prefer Safari to Netscape and would rather give up the Internet completely than to use that junk produced in Redmond. So, I slug it out and hope that this is just a bug which Apple will fix with a new update...

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    gizmo, yeah i've had some similar problems. although when Safari froze on me i had a heap (about 15+ tabs open in different windows) of stuff open.

i also had been DL'ing a fair few desktops... about 50+ and i hadn't cleared the Downloads window. i don't know if that had anything to do with it, but i try not to do that anymore.

i just try not to put too much strain on Safari and i haven't had any problems since. i don't think there's really any way to 'fix' it.

i think Apple will fix this in the next update. people have been saying that they rushed Safari 1.0... so hopefully we'll see some improvments in the update.