Safari Freezing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iDM, Nov 3, 2005.

1. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Has anyone else been having problems with safari lately? Its hard to pinpoint when this problem occurred so i do not wanna start untrue rumors that it was because of the latest update but i'm beginning to think so. Before this update my safari was crashing on occasion(~1 week), now after this latest update my safari does not crash but instead just freezes and appears to be loading pages, only is goes on like this for minutes. It tried to load CNN.com and Macrumors.com for 15 minutes while i was watching TV. I'm on a cable modem and everyone else in my apartment's net seems to be working. My Acquisition was even showing downloads of 57K so I know i had an active connection. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

safari doesn't crash for me nor does it freeze for me on two machines with 10.4.3

and it has never crashed for me either under tiger

3. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I am also having the same problem. For instance as I type this, the loading bar in the address bar is not yet full. It still says on the bottom "completed 59 of 60 items" This is sometimes annoying too because when I try scrolling up and down the page it stutters because it isn't finished downloading. You can solve this just by clicking the Stop button next to the Add Bookmark button, but still... this does need to be fixed.

4. iDM thread starter macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Today must be my lucky day then. I'm not saying that it was any of the 10.4 updates, however all that i can say is that before the 10.4.3 my Safari crashed, and now after 10.4.3 my Safari is "Not Responding"

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Sometimes Safari will crash and it'll reset it with all the default bookmarks littering my collection.

6. bemylover macrumors regular

im not happy with safari either. i sent probably a dozen reports already, and there were several updates, but the problems still there.

after 10.4.3 it's a little better, but not quite good. e.g mapquest.com used to take real long time to open and fill in, now it's ok.

but still, even after this update safari crashes every now and then :(

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's been fine for me recently. As Lacero insinuated, a reset can do wonders. It's in the Safari menu. :)

Of course, eliminating preference files can sometimes be even more effective although not always necessary.

8. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

Yeah, mine's doing the exact same thing. Just started on both machines. I though it was the new MR update. Then just my crappy ISP. weird......and annoying:mad: