Safari FTP support

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gidman, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Gidman macrumors member

New York, the City so nice they named it twice
    Does Safari support FTP? When I try and connect to an ftp sifte It doesn't really move forward. It just hangs on the site I visited last and seems to close th ebrowser window. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gid

2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

the last i checked, safari loaded ftp URLs into the finder as a mounted disk. check it out.

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

4. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

all official builds of safari should download files from ftp servers like normal downloads and mount ftp servers in the finder like a network disk. it sounds like you're using version 64 (i was too until this morning) which did not allow ftp downloads for some reason.

5. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Yea but Safari can't upload because it times out at 60 seconds. I hd to use camino to upload files to a printer's website. The finder/ftp thing is fine, but it's only for dowloading/browsing.

6. Gidman thread starter macrumors member

New York, the City so nice they named it twice
    Updated and still having problems

I guess I am too new to know a good work around, but I updated yesterday and am still having problems with Safari and FTP. I dowloaded transmit, so that should take care of it, but I guess I don't really know exactly what I am doing. i am a recent switcher from MS so I guess its just posssible that I don't know what I am doing.

Gid

7. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

to upload files i just use scp... gotta love the CLI.