Safari glitches

Discussion in 'macOS' started by EvryDayImShufln, Oct 10, 2006.

1. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hey im having some issues with safari

First of all the auto fill doesnt seem to want to activate anymore, as in allow me to save names and passwords. It does still fill the old ones I've saved, just wont save any more. Also even though I dont have tabbed browsing opening a new tab and selecting it enabled, it does this anyhow. Anybody know how to fix these issues? Also how to allow windows media player to integrate with safari and play stuff inside the safari window? Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Interesting. When I'm having troubles with Safari, I just reset it from the Safari menu. To avoid having such trouble on a regular basis, I make sure I quit Safari each night before going to bed rather than keep it open. Safari's great and I love it dearly, but it still has some reliability quirks.

As for playing WMVs in the browser window, try installing Flip4Mac. This is the Microsoft-acknowledged replacement for Windows Media Player Mac. :)

3. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    If you've just installed WMP, then you need to open the application up first before the plugin will work in Safari. Also, I'm sure Flip4Mac would work well, I've just never tried it.

4. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

If resetting Safari doesn't help, delete it's preference file. That might not help your issue with autofill, as those are kept in your user keychain (any application can store password encrypted with your account password if you let it). In that case, open up the keychain app in /Applications/Utilities select your login keychain in the side bar and go window... keychain first aid. From there you can resolve it's problems (ie, nor recording passwords).