Safari goes memento on me~mountain lion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by :3AfroGato~, Feb 26, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi Mac Fanatics! I am new to this forum, however I have been using macs for over 15 years already, my first mac was the B&W Power mac G3, right now I have a 2.4ghz Intel Mini, which I use for graphic design. Anyways onto my problem:

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion and so far it is a very smooth experience, however I have this problem with Safari, who acts like the main character of the film Memento, that is, it seems to have short term memory problems. I can use Safari normally, browse the history and save bookmarks, yet when I close and re open it all the bookmarks I saved during my last session as well as my browsing history disappear.

I already researched my problem on google, but I can't find a solution specific to my situation, which make me believe it may be related to Mountain Lion. The problem is only present in Safari, my other two browsers (Firefox and Google Chrome) don't have the problem.

Hope you can help,

Thanks!

2. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Have you enabled the “Private Browsing” feature of Safari?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

No, haha. Give me some credit. :D

BTW I tried things like repairing permissions, but that didn't work either.

4. macrumors 601

satcomer

Make sure it is NOT a Safari Extension that you brought over in Migration Assistant or upgrade?

5. :3AfroGato~, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a fresh install and I also deleted all three of the extensions I installed (chrome extensions and clicktoplugin), but the problem remains.

EDIT: It seems that cookies and cache are preserved, only bookmarks and history disappear.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody else has any ideas? I did my research and I also tried figuring it out myself (even messed with permissions, but to no avail) before asking in the forums. Safari is my browser of choice and in my opinion, superior to Chrome and Firefox, both of which I am having a difficult time getting used to.

Thanks again.