Safari Helper Apps - Quicken and BOA specifically

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jesuscandle, Mar 15, 2004.

1. jesuscandle macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've seen this issue kicked around on the forums, before, but now it's affecting me and I'm hoping I can get someone who knows the scoop to give me the authoritative answer.

I was on the phone with Bank of America last night and they said I had to use MSIE to correctly download the "Webconnect" files for quicken. This is important because it's the only way quicken will know that I'm importing transactions that may have been imported once before.

The woman I talked to said that the BOA people were looking at Safari and how to fix it, but that I might be able to hop on the web and figure out how to muck with the Safari "Helper Applications" settings to make it work. I presume this is changing the MIME types and their associated apps.

A quick google search implied this was basically impossible on Safari.

So, the questions:

1 - Anyone gotten quicken to work with Safari? With Bank of America?

2 - If no, anyone know authoritatively that it's just not possible?

3 - More generally (as I'm sure not everyone is using quicken), anybody ever found a way to muck the the Safari file types and Helper Apps.

I'm using quicken for mac 2003, which came with my ibook. (Which I might add is a pretty cool piece of software to get for free.)

Also - it might help to see the following:

1 - Intuit claims Safari won't work with Quicken

2 - Instructions on how to configure IE, Netscape

Anyway, I think this is possible, but probably very hard.

Ideas would be welcome...

2. jesuscandle thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2003
    Boston, MA