safari & hotmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kent_ridge, Jun 22, 2005.

1. kent_ridge macrumors newbie

Recently, I can't read my mails when I log in using Safari. Anybody experiencing the same thing? When I click on the messages to read them, the mail wouldn't open.

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Occasionaly that happens and when it does a quick refresh fixes the problem for me.

3. kent_ridge thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody experience the problem of hotmail saving your username and have to sign out in order to sign in into another account? The option of asking for my username at every login don't seem to work at all.

By the way, thanks. It just work when I check after reading your reply. LOL.

4. kent_ridge thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I can't click on the delete link. Regardless of how often I REFRESH the page.

Argh, this is driving me NUTS.

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Sometimes I find the page just freezes in the middle of doing something (like just after pressing a link) and no matter how long I wait nothing will happen. I then have to stop loading the page refresh, it then goes to the front page, and then I have to navigate to where I wanted to go.

Hotmail in Safari 2 is sucking.

6. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I have, but it is easier for me to use hotmail as my primary account.

8. kent_ridge thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm.. seems that nothing can be done about it.

9. doowrehs macrumors regular

Not sure about the other issues mentioned above, but the one that was really bugging me apears to have been fixed. Previously, the junk mail folder's 'empty' button was useless, as the javascript used just did nothing (meaning that I had to wait until the next time I was using Firefox to go in and clear out my junk mail). Now, either through some strange act of kindness on Microsoft's behalf or more likely Apple's ingenuity, the thing actualy works...

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

This is a serious question, not flamebait, but seriously, why use hotmail? I stopped like 5-6 years ago because spam was such a problem, not to mention the poor performance of the site in general. Has it gotten better, on par with other free email services? I mean, people running OS X and using Safari, you would think, wouldn't use a shoddy net service... seriously i'm asking.