Safari: How to alphabetize bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by soLoredd, Oct 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Ok, how do I alphabetize my bookmarks? I've been wondering this for 2 years now, hoping I was overlooking something so simple but I'm done with it. I'm talking about bookmarks within a subfolder (e.g. Links, Tech, etc.) not the subfolders themselves. As it is now, my bookmarks are all jumbled up.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502

Select the subfolder, drag it to your desktop, then drag the folder from your desktop back into safari. Ta da!

3. macrumors 6502

hughvane

Just grab, drag and drop within the Bookmarks folder, or any of its subfolders. You see a black line following where you're moving things. Once you get the bm to where you want it, let it go.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors newbie

alphabetizing bookmarks in mac pro

Eusebius--thanks for the info on sortaurus. I have been trying to figure out how to alphabetize my mac bookmarks for over a year and with your post it took me all of about 90 seconds and it's done!

6. macrumors newbie

Alphabetize bookmarks in Safari

I just called Apple b/c I could not figure out how to sort these bookmarks. It was driving me crazy.

The guy on the phone said there was no way to do this so I asked him what the unofficial Apple line was. He was testy as he noted, "If there was a way to do it, I would have told you."

We all know there are ways to get anything accomplished on a Mac even if Apple doesn't endorse it. When he was getting annoyed with me, I decided to come to the forum.

I downloaded sortosaurus and it worked perfectly and instantly!

Thanks!!

7. macrumors 601

That was easy. Well, except that it's tricky to re-insert a sub-folder between two other sub-folders without putting it inside one of them. (to keep them in alphabetical order, of course)

8. macrumors newbie