Safari Icon

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by AmbitiousLemon, Jan 9, 2003.

1. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

after playing with safari (using the hacked aqua version and safari enhancer) i decided it might be worth adding to my dock...

well i have been sitting here staring at the icon now ever since i added it.

it seems VERY familiar. i have been using osx since DP3 and so i know apple has used third party icons in beta apps and also recycled old icons. so i am wondering if anyone can figure out where this icon came from. is it an icon apple used back in the DP days? Is it a third party icon that will be replaced with an original one when the app is no longer beta? Am i just crazy, and the icon is completely new?

Any ideas?

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It looks new to me.. but I remember the first thing I thought when i saw it is that it looked similar to something I had seen before. I have searched my HD and found no similar icon though... At any rate... if you dont like the icon, change it!

3. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

One quick question.... what's the safari enhancer?

I'm already using the Aqua version, but haven't heard about the enhancer?

4. AmbitiousLemon thread starter Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

enhancer
    http://www.ambitiouslemon.com/spotlight.php?id=55

full screen
    http://www.ambitiouslemon.com/spotlight.php?id=57

aqua hack
    http://jokke.dk/software/

chimera import
    (from macbandit in a safari thread on this site)
    Export the bookmarks from Chimera as an html file. Then open IE and open the bookmark organization window. Now drag and drop the new html file on this window. Voíla, now you have all your Chimera bookmarks in IE. The next step is to do a search for Safari and to delete the .plist preference file*. Next time you open Chimera all your bookmarks that you just dropped into IE will be in Safari folders and all.

*with enhancer the deletion of the plist is not necessary.

5. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Thanks for the links, I'm going to have to try the two out.:)

6. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

if you would like an easier way to import bookmarks from chimera, a guy has written a small program to do it. check out www.waferbaby.com for the app. i have not tried it myself (i copied them all over manually and then found the app) but he says that it works. it's worth a shot.

7. awulf macrumors 6502

It's amazing how fast these enhancers came out, safari has only been out for 3 days.

8. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Well, the compass rose, the north-south-east-west design in the compass of the Safari icon, looks rather like the Chimera icon.

Is that perhaps what we're noticing?