Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Exactly what the subject says—I'm running OS X 10.4 on my PowerBook as noted in my sig, and Safari absolutely refuses to remember the window position, it merely spawns every new one where the last newly spawned window appears, which means the window keeps moving steadily to the right on my screen. I'd like it to appear in a specified spot every time, but can't seem to force it to do this. Any suggestions?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Mine does this too. In fact, I don't think ANY version of Safari has been able to do what you're trying to do.

I'm not sure what to suggest to solve this, to be honest.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
wrldwzrd89 said:
Mine does this too. In fact, I don't think ANY version of Safari has been able to do what you're trying to do.

I'm not sure what to suggest to solve this, to be honest.

Hit the green button at the top left corner, position it where you want the window, size of window and *poof* it should stay there and also remain the same size too :)

Ed

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Ed H said:
Hit the green button at the top left corner, position it where you want the window, size of window and *poof* it should stay there and also remain the same size too :)

Ed
The original poster is referring to the position of NEW windows, not existing windows. That trick works just fine for existing windows, but not for new windows.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
wrldwzrd89 said:
The original poster is referring to the position of NEW windows, not existing windows. That trick works just fine for existing windows, but not for new windows.

Every-time i open Safari its in the same place. When i open safari i consider that a "new" window, i think i get what the poster is looking for but mistook the opening window with opening the first safari window, since i use tabs unless its a link or something i rarely open new windows and when i do they appear above the first one that i opened. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Ed

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
wrldwzrd89 said:
Well, the trick worked for what I meant, which was, when I'm done with a window and close it, I expect the new window I open (when none other are open) to open in the same place as the one I last closed. This tip accomplished my goal.

Ed H, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I salute you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.