Safari in Tiger refusing to remember window position

Discussion in 'macOS' started by killmoms, May 14, 2005.

1. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Exactly what the subject says—I'm running OS X 10.4 on my PowerBook as noted in my sig, and Safari absolutely refuses to remember the window position, it merely spawns every new one where the last newly spawned window appears, which means the window keeps moving steadily to the right on my screen. I'd like it to appear in a specified spot every time, but can't seem to force it to do this. Any suggestions?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Mine does this too. In fact, I don't think ANY version of Safari has been able to do what you're trying to do.

I'm not sure what to suggest to solve this, to be honest.

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Hit the green button at the top left corner, position it where you want the window, size of window and *poof* it should stay there and also remain the same size too :)

Ed

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The original poster is referring to the position of NEW windows, not existing windows. That trick works just fine for existing windows, but not for new windows.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Every-time i open Safari its in the same place. When i open safari i consider that a "new" window, i think i get what the poster is looking for but mistook the opening window with opening the first safari window, since i use tabs unless its a link or something i rarely open new windows and when i do they appear above the first one that i opened. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Ed

6. killmoms thread starter macrumors 68040

killmoms

Well, the trick worked for what I meant, which was, when I'm done with a window and close it, I expect the new window I open (when none other are open) to open in the same place as the one I last closed. This tip accomplished my goal.

Ed H, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I salute you!