Safari issue with downloading Hotmail attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Grimace, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I just started using Safari as my default browser (Firefox is fantastic, but has one too many bugs right now.) I am using Hotmail and am having problems downloading attachments.

I click on the file in the message and it brings up a window where I can hit the "download file" button. It then takes me back to a different Hotmail page but doesn't actually download the file. In the prefs, downloads are set to "desktop".

Has anyone else experienced this??

2. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

yup, i've got the same problem and have heard a couple other people complain about this too. are you on panther? i'm curious to know whether this bug was fixed with safari 1.2.

3. Grimace thread starter macrumors 68040

Grimace

I'm on Panther 10.3.2 and Safari 1.2 UGH!

4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

yep, this is huge issue. This is because the past week, a guy (who had been getting frustrated) had been jumping from one 2.0G5 to the next, trying to open his term paper. Finally, he sat down to one next to mine, again, the same issue with Hotmail ("reenter password" or similar page) always popped up instead of the attachment file being downloaded. Even with my experience i couldn't help him. Eventually I just gave up and downloaded Camino, which d/led his attachment in a heartbeat.