Safari & Java scripted websites

Discussion in 'Community' started by MChavez, Oct 22, 2004.

1. MChavez macrumors newbie

I need some help!! I work for Farmers Insurance in Valencia, CA. late last year, the Company rolled out this new secure website that was designed with Java Script. I & several others use Mac's. Using Safari, we can only navigate through portions of the website.

Does anyone know of any Browsers that might be available that will read Java Script 100%????

I have tried using Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox & Mozilla.

Thanks, Manny

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Since JavaScript varies and ECMA JavaScript is a kind of least common denominator, you probably won't find anything that will work right if the scripting only knows how to take advantage of one browser.

3. MChavez thread starter macrumors newbie

Safari & Java scripted websites

Thanks for responding...I'm hearing from Mac that the new Tiger Operating system will upgrade Safari.

If you or if you know of anything or anyone that might be able to help, I would very much appreciate this.

MChavez

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If the web site is improperly coded, it won't matter how many web browsers are updated. (If it's using JavaScript that works fine on Internet Exploder and nothing else, it's improperly coded.)

Does it work correctly with any of those browsers you listed on Windows machines? (I know that Safari isn't available on Windows machines.)

If you give more information, you might get better answers. I don't think anyone else has responded because it's anyone's guess as to what is wrong.