Safari keyboard shortcuts messed up after migration

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by toontra, Dec 8, 2006.

1. toontra macrumors 6502

I've just migrated from an iBook to a MacBook. Everything seems OK apart from wierd Safari stuff. The keyboard shortcuts either don't at all work or don't work properly - the spacebar scrolls right down to the bottom of the page, not a screen's length. The delete button doesn't go to previous page, etc. (the control-T does open a new tab, though).

I've tried all the usual tricks - disable all 3rd party plugs, repaired permissions, deletd all prefs in both libraries, ditched any dubious pref panes. Several restarts later sill no better. Any suggestions?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you tried Restoring Defaults in the Keyboard Shortcut pane in System Preferences? :)

3. toontra thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion - I never knew about that particular option in the system prefs - didn't work unfortunately.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well try opening a new user account and seeing if the problem reoccurs. This will help determine if the problem is specific only to your Home folder. :)

5. toontra thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks mj - itwas still happening with a new user so I looked in the admin library and found an old acidsearch plugin with I thought I'd deleted years ago! All working as normal now. Thanks again.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Haha, nice find mate. :D

Thanks for posting back with your solution. :)