Safari KeyChain Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chairguru22, Aug 30, 2006.

1. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i'm using airport to connect to my campus network but everytime i start my computer and load safari, i get a page that asks me to log-in to use the wireless internet. i tried putting a new internet keychain with the web address, username, and password using KeyChain but its not working. any help?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Have you tried making a separate 'location' in the network preferences for this access point? That may help keep things organized.

3. chairguru22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

where do i do that?

edit: i found it but that doesnt work. its a webpage that i need to type in a username and password, not internet settings.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

In System Prefs -> Network

[​IMG]

From the pull-down menu choose 'New Location'. You'll notice I have several to keep all my different connections sorted.

[​IMG]

Choose your newly-created location in the same pull-down menu, and configure the Airport and/or Ethernet settings to your liking. Once it's all set up, connect to the wi-fi network at your work. You'll need to enter all of the login information this first time. Afterwards, you can manage your locations by going into the Apple menu in the toolbar:

This is one of my favorite OS X features.

Even if you are entering a webpage portal, I think that this will help your keychain to be properly preserved. If not, let me know and I'll have a look more closely at keychain manager.

5. chairguru22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok thanks, ill try this again tomorrow. i also sometimes get an airport icon in the menu bar with a little square in it that looks like an old Mac. does that mean im out of range?