Safari "localized string not found" - What's the deal?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fBaran, Aug 23, 2004.

1. fBaran macrumors regular

What's the deal with that? How can I fix it? I already tried reinstalling Safari, so obviously that didn't work, unless I didn't do it right. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

A 'localized string' is a reference that allows a program to be operable in many languages without having to make a separate version of said app. Have you deleted any System files lately, or run a program like De-localizer by chance?

3. fBaran thread starter macrumors regular

I suppose. I used some time ago a program that gets rid of the exra language stuff so that it would free up HD space. If that is the problem, how would I re-install the languages? I can afford that space now.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I don't think that there is an 'easy' way to reinstall the languages (a disclaimer that the app probably mentioned). As for as I know, the only way would be to reinstall the OS. YIKES! :(

sorry, I don't think that there is any other way.

5. fBaran thread starter macrumors regular

Attached Files:

6. strawb macrumors newbie

I face the same problem.

Hi there!
    I face the same problem on my iphone, when I touch twice its touch screen, I see the message: Localized string not found- on the seat of the commands: copy-paste-select-select all.
    This problem exists only when the default Language is the Greek Language and only then.
    Although I have mac os snow leopard and I installed the iFile application on my iPhone, unfortunately, I could not find the correct folder to fix this problem and I need your help.
    So, whoever wants and can, let send to me the directions of this solution because I do not know so much about it.

Thank you,
    Strawb