Safari locking up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bursty, Dec 31, 2004.

1. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

Sometimes when i click on a link in Safari while surfing the net, Safari will get hung up for 15-30 seconds, using 100% of the CPU power. Any one else experience this or know how to fix it? Or am i just going to have to live with it :( Someone tell me a cure, i really dont want to start using Internet Explorer again :(

2. bubbamac macrumors 6502

Don't know why Safari's doing that to you, but don't use IE, use Firefox.

Faster, faster, faster!

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Not got a link by any chance that locks up Safari?

Maybe its something on the page that isn't loading and what locks the browser

If you can post one I can see if thats the case :)

4. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

Actually now that i think about it, its really only been locking up when i am on eBay. Maybe theres something in there that locks it up? Anyone else notice that ebay is slowing Safari down? Maybe its just me :(

5. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I've noticed it too

I have definitely noticed that eBay locks up Safari lately. I get the 'beach ball' for long periods sometimes, and have had to force quit a time or two. Safari has had problems with eBay searches before (click on 'search' and nothing happens), but this behavior is new. Also seems to be limited to eBay.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I went back to Safari and tried it and it happened to me too! I was going to implicated an applet or flash ad, but I have PH running and so that's out. But actually, it *wasn't* the beachball of death. I was just experimenting, so I was patient. When I typed a query in from the main eBay screen, it came up quickly. When I typed queries in from the results eBay screen's search bar, I got a beachball for almost a minute, and then the next screen came up after that, without any further problems. So this issue that I see seems like it's gotta be due to the JScript for the search button....

Also FWIW this does *not* occur in Firefox. :(

7. meta-ghost macrumors regular

me too

i'm also getting hangups but on sites other than ebay. just now on my amex banking site. it's happened on a few others but i can't remember which.