Safari makes my site look weird, HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisishere, Aug 25, 2005.

1. chrisishere macrumors newbie

Hi my script located here look really weird in safari (Its eally narrow and long). Does anyone know a piece of code or something that will make it look normal?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Did you validate your code? Safari's really picky when it comes to coding, far more than IE or Netscape. Other than that, you might have a width set wrong or not set when it should be.

jW

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Rule number one when asking for web page rendering help: validate first. This will at least rule out obvious coding errors before you dig into actual layout issues. For example, you've left out the / on one of your closing </tr> tags (around line 183) and you seem to have forgotten to close one of your DIVs, as well as not identifying the <style> block at the top as being CSS. Those aren't necessarily the cause of the Safari issue, but they don't help and they make it a lot harder to figure out what the actual problem is.

Get the page to validate cleanly first, then we can help you. Oh, and there is a web help section at this very board, which would be a better place to post questions like these.

By the way, this may have just been bad timing on my part, but your server was responding extremely slowly when I checked it--is there an issue with your PHP script?