Safari messages grr!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wowser, Dec 14, 2004.

1. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

This is not a help me thing, but does anyone else get annoyed when Safari has to animate that drop down warning like 'could not open the page after trying' or when it asks you for log in details? Would it not be simpler with a message that was embedded in the page, or didn't need to be animated?

2. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Well, the pop up message to give your username/password is done by a standard. All browsers do that. I can't comment for the other one.

BEN

3. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

Yes , but I hate the way it has to animate this drop down box that appears on any of your tabs.

4. neut macrumors 68000

neut

maybe it hates you... :)

peace.

5. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

6. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

I know what you mean. The way it slopes down from the top of the browser window, it drives me crazy...

7. neut macrumors 68000

neut

... it's true.

that slight pause is annoying; even on a dual 2.5 G5... it's that slight hesitation that drives you mad. i think it does hate us. it spites us! :mad: :p

peace.

8. Edot macrumors 6502

Drop Downs

I am pretty sure this is changing in Tiger. It will display a message on the page it self instead of the drop down for failed pages.

9. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

Yeah, this irritated me at first too. But when you think about, it's actually a better idea. I hate those browser generated pages now. Because when are on a website and you type in a new address or click on a link that's bad, it doesn't have to change the page you are on to let you know about the error. You can immediately return to the page you where on before the click. Otherwise it's a bunch of bad and forth when you are going down a list of links where there are often outdated ones mixed in. It's just as irritating to have to go up and press a back button as it is to click "ok" in a sheet menu.

I'd vote to keep it the way it is.

10. neut macrumors 68000

neut

i use mouse gestures... so a flick of the wrist is easier and quicker than waiting for an animated menu. i use tabs too; so, i always open new pages in another tab so i don't have to waste time waiting for a page to load or something, but if it has an error the whole freakin' browser comes to a halt and I can no longer view pages until i click the stupid OK button... it's usless. what other option is there? Cancel? BS.

more annoying OS stuff

peace.

11. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

Having is with tabs is worse. The password thing drops down, whichever tab you are on. Will they revise the Pather Safari, or just the Tiger one?

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Judging by when they last updated the Jaguar version, I wouldn't hold my breath for an updated Panther version.

#1 is interesting, because the other day, the power suddenly 'dipped.' The four Windows computers in the house all rebooted, but my G4 tower didn't even flinch :D

13. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

Hmm. I find greyed out menu items rather annoying. The thing I hate about the dock is the way, say I go to open calculator from it, i may accidently open Garageband instead (which i then have to force quit). It's clumsy, the, for sure (unless I'M the clumsy one). I would rather the dock worked on a double-cliking thing.