Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tombarnes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Surrey, United Kingdom
I have been meaning to post this for a while; when I am on the MySpace web site, it takes FOREVER to load, and nearly always misses out most of the page. This problem only occurs on MySpace.

Has anyone got any idea as to how I can get it to run faster? Is it something to do with my settings?

All ideas would be greatfully received.

I am using the computer specified below in green.

Thanks,

Tom

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
They do the iMac in green now? Cool ;)

Hi Tom,

Can you post the link please? (edit: or is it all of Myspace) Never had any problems with Myspace before.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
is it because people post hundreds of pics on their profile? I find that as well.

I haven't tried on other browsers; have you tried? It could be a problem in Safari.

jasper77

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2006

Mitch1984

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Telford
It's when people put a lot of animatd pictures on their profile along with a stupid sheen across there page to render anything unviewable.

tombarnes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Surrey, United Kingdom
i just checked your page. it's very slow due to the transparency of your tables. when you set that to 0, it will be a lot faster ;)
btw, check my myspace, it's pretty fast in safari:
http://www.myspace.com/funkyouparty

WOW! That is hell of a lot faster, I got rid of all the transparencies, it seems that the whole site has got faster, which is bizarre, because I only changed the transparencies on my profile! Ah well! Something simple! Thanks for your help :D

Thank you all!

Tom

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Myspace in slow homophobic loading speed shocker! Movie at 11.

It only loads fast if you are a HAWT BABE. Blonde and boobies and all that jazz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.