Safari needs a new feature-Undo

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GigaWire, Nov 5, 2003.

1. GigaWire macrumors 6502

How many time have you closed a safari window with 8-10 nicely ordered tabs that you so excruciatingly laid out in your search for information about a particular topic? Me, I don't know how many times, but tonight I finally realized just what it was Safari (and every iNet browser for that matter) are missing- an UNDO option for browser windows. Yes, yes, they are all listed in the History, but how simple and nice would it be if you could just Undo the accidental closing of a Tab-laden window, rather then having to rebuild it through the History. Talk about saving time. Of course, i suppose the simplest solution woul dbe to mind my windows, but sometimes, I just get confused and accidently close the wrong one-and with that all that time-gone...

So any thoughts on this? I need to know what people think before I start an online petition for it :p

cheers

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

A little unreasonable...perhaps?

Giga, just because you get confused when you close a window doesn't mean that apple should implement an undo on window closes. This is more related to the OS and not specific to Safari. Its like asking for an undo after you click OK on a dialog box. Or undo on emptying the recycle bin.

I think a more reasonable request (which I steal from Slimbrowser on the PC) is to prompt on window close. This basically says "Are you sure you want to close your windows with 8-10 pretty tabs and cool sites, or did you really mean to close the tab, or did you really mean to close iTunes, but since both windows are brushed metal you were confused."

Im just playing with you :D, but my point is you are asking Apple to change the OS because you accidently closed a window. Its more of a user issue, not a problem with the OS or software.