Safari: "Never for this website"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mintlivedotcom, Sep 9, 2004.

1. mintlivedotcom macrumors regular

Is there a way to make Safari remember my username and password for a website where I or probably one of my family members clicked "Never for this website"? I've looked around, but all I find is "Preferences plane, Auto Fill, Edit User names and passwords, Edit" - but, that doesn't allow to add anything, just remove.

Does this make sense? I just want to go home, go to my email login screen, and let autofill take me in!

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Go to Safari Preferences > Autofill. In there will be a listing for the website in question and next to it "Never for this website" or something like that. Remove that, then go back to the website. It will now ask you if you want to save your password.

3. mintlivedotcom thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that, but when I go to the website in question, Safari does not ask me if I want to save the info.

4. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

If you don't mind losing those autofill forms you've already done, Safari>Reset Safari should get rid of this problem, as this will make Safari will treat this page as if you've never visited it.

5. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

Check if there's an entry in the keychain for the site, and if so remove it. I think even "never for this site" is stored there.

6. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Some websites state specifically in thier code to "not remember" any passwords or forms filled. Safari used to not respect this and got locked out of a lot of banking sites until it was resolved. Washington Mutual for example used to auto fill my passwords, but doesn't anymore since safari was upgraded. Its likely the page your visiting has this set as well. You could test it with mozilla/camino and see if it has the same behavior of not remembering...

7. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

also try emptying cache and and reloading...

reality

8. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

I just double-checked. This information is stored in Keychain.

Open Applications->Utilities->Keychain and remove the entry for the site. Next time you go back Safari should ask you again if you want to save the password.

9. mintlivedotcom thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks to all - I found another "chain" in the autofill, under Safari Prefs. I also found it in the keychain, under Utilities.

Feel proud that you've helped me save 3 seconds every time I want to check my email. Seriously, though, I really do appreciate it.