Safari nightly and acid2 failure

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Westside guy, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Hey there,

Has anyone else been using the Safari nightly builds and noticed that they don't pass the Acid2 tests anymore? I hadn't been using the nightlies for a while, so I wondered if anyone knows exactly when it broke.

Not that this really matters, of course. ;)

2. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

i built one of the first nightlies and it worked fine...haven't had much success building the last few times i've tried...strange that acid2 test wouldn't work now...didn't really add anything to this thread...sorry

3. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

Yeah, overall I've been very happy with the close-to-latest nightlies because the speed is amazing, and I haven't had any problems with real-world websites. It's just I'm surprised that they've had a regression in such a high-profile instance, especially since the developer made such a big deal of it passing Acid2 in the first place.

Until very recently I was mainly a Firefox user; but the memory footprint of that app is just too rediculous when you have multiple tabs open - and the speed difference between FF and Safari is really noticable (which I must say really surprised me).