Safari not auto-opening safe files (10.4)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pulsewidth947, May 7, 2005.

1. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Could anyone help me understand why Safari refuses to open my safe files. I'm really unhappy that Tiger wont install my widgets for me.

Here is a link that proves i got open safe files checked. And I AM using safari..

i dont understand!

2. NaMo4184 macrumors member

Did you upgrade install or did you archive install or did you clean install. If you upgrade install i think thats the problem. If you archived or clean installed... you have bad luck

3. pulsewidth947 thread starter macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I always clean install..

and yes.. i do have bad luck dont i :). looks like im outta luck

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Try looking for any Safari .plist files and trashing them. Also from the Safari menu, try Reset Safari (backup your bookmarks first! I'm not sure if it deletes them).

5. pulsewidth947 thread starter macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Tried that unfortunately.. and much to my dismay i found out too late that my bookmarks backup on my external HD had been deleted :eek:

Cant say i've been that impressed with my Tiger experience so far. But I'm sure it'll get much better from 10.4.1 and above.. not quite at the stage where I wanna sell my Mac though :D

:EDIT: Good and bad news. Good news is i've sorted the problem. Bad news is that its related to Speed Download, which I paid for :(. Dispite browser intergration being disabled with Speed Download, it aparently stopped Safari opening stuff automatically. NOTE: This didnt happen with Panther, so I might have to let Apple and Yazsoft know about this :D