Safari only loads 1 page at a time. Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, May 7, 2005.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

This has happened on my iBook ever since I got it. In Panther, and in Tiger. Also, it happens on all Internet connections I have put it on. I can say Load about 6 or 7 Tabs all with different web pages, and the site I chose first will have to completly load first before it will load any of the next tab. So browsing multiple pages at one time does not go well with my iBook. What is the cause for this and is their a fix / tweak. Firefox (which I really dont like for the mac) works fine just the way I want it to, and will load all pages at the same time. :confused:

2. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

i was hoping that safari 2.0 would be better at loading multiple tabs, but it's still terrible. while loading individual pages is much faster and almost as fast as the optimized camino that i use, safari chokes on multiple tabs. unacceptable, IMO, and why i still use camino as my broswer of choice.

3. Angrist macrumors 6502

Funny .... I havn't noticed this, and I'm a browser tab fiend :cool:

I just loaded 10 tabs at once from a bookmark folder (so one click) and the first page came up first, but the others popped up within a second or so of that one finishing.