Safari + OScommerce= WTF

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MattyBwrx, Apr 3, 2007.

1. MattyBwrx macrumors member

MattyBwrx

I having some major problems with safari while using OS commerce for example simple things in the catalog like opening the html editor is impossible it display a blank page with wordwrap and nothing else, Doing quick texts edit to a product description wont work like making some text bold, changing font size, and adding simple links even pictures. Is there any plugins or anything I can do to keep using safari and not run into conflicts with os commerce or do I need to download firefox (which I really hate to do).

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if the newest webkit nightly build can not solve ur problem, Im afraid you will have to do what you "hate"

Also, I don't presume u hate opera too, but its a great choice too.

3. MattyBwrx thread starter macrumors member

MattyBwrx

Yeah I figured, I dont hate firefox just I have gotten used to safari (just got my macbook) so it kind of stinks.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there are only three major browser engines thriving right now on mac, gecko (firefox), Presto (opera) and webcore/KHTML (safari, Omniweb, etc), latest webkit is your best bet on webcore/KHTML line, after that, opera/firefox is the only way.

(I consider trident (IE) is dead, and things like icab is beyond margin)

5. MattyBwrx thread starter macrumors member

MattyBwrx

I tryed the web kit with no luck firefox seemed to do the trick though wierd :confused: , but thank you for your help :D